Monday, September 8, 2008

Surprising Sunday (Part one!)


Yesterday was a great day. I didnt expect myself to be in a double baking mood! Firstly, I decided to make a simple Strawberry Pie Crumble and since I had extra pie crust, I made an Apple Pie Crumble too. I figured since I had apples in my fridge, I didnt wanna waste them....



The pie crust I made is a healthier version. Made up of oats, flour, brown sugar and a hint of cinnamon. After pressing the crust against my casserole dish, I poured my prepared fruits onto the crust. I coat my fruits with sugar, honey and flour and more cinnamon powder. I added some strawberry jam on the crust for the Strawberry Pie Crumble as well.

Somehow, cinnamon always enhances the flavour of desserts like these. Then I top my fruits with my crumble mix...the crumble is really simple. Made of oats, sugar, flour and milk.

Pop it into the oven and bake for an hour or till you see the fruit bubbling....once done, cool it down and serve with ice-cream.



My friends who came over for dinner left with a smiling and satisfied tummy.




be tempted.


No comments: