Thursday, September 4, 2008

Berry goodness

I lurve custard ever since I was a young girl. And I absolutely love berries too. Any kind of berries! Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries....unfortunately, raspberries are rather expensive here in Singapore so it's best to get blueberries as an alternative to any berry dessert.

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon so I decided to make Oatmeal Blueberry Custurd Trifle. It's so simple and hassle free. My family loved them and it makes a very nice dessert. Not exactly that fattening too because I'm quite the health freak myself.



I made a simple fuss-free vanilla pound cake the day before so I used the cake as the base then I poured vanilla custard over the cake, then I placed blueberries on top of the custard and I reapeated the steps again. I topped it off with crushed granola bar and more blueberries. It's delish and really a comfort food. It takes less than 10 mins to make.



Oatmeal Blueberry Custard Trifle

Ingredients:

Any type of plain cake (Chiffon cake works best)

2/3 cup of Blueberries (You can use any sort of berries too)

Vanilla custard

4 Granola Bars or any oatmeal biscuits (Hobnobs are good too)

*Makes about 6 small bowls


be tempted.

No comments: