Thursday, January 29, 2009

Granny loves


I always try to make time for my Grand Aunt Kitty and since this whole week I am on leave due to the company's policy of "Force Common Leave", I paid her a visit at her old aged home. Aunty Kitty means alot to me. She has been with my family ever since I was born. She used to live with us but due to certain reasons, my mum decided the home was a better place for her since there is nurses' care for her there 24/7. It's a nice place...the home...but at times she gets lonely and even gets bullied by the other old people living there. I dont understand how humans (OLD somemore!!!) can be so nasty and mean.


ANYWAY, before I get more upset about that, I decided to make Old Fashioned Vanilla and Jam Cakes for her. I purposely chose this recipe because the cake is soft (she can only bite soft food) and yeah she loves sweet treats like me too. I woke up early and baked it fresh for her. The cake is moist and the vanilla flavour is filled with sweetness and inside is a dollop of raspberry jam. My mum loves it too. She said it's another winner. I think so too.



Everytime when my mum and I visit her, we always bring her out to eat....and her lunch will always ONLY consist of ice-cream. I think she is worse than me when it comes to sweets. I'm not a big fan of ice-cream but oh boy! You should see her eyes light up whenever her order of ice-cream arrives. Her favourite is of course Classic Chocolate. Who's isnt?

No comments: